Saturday, February 1, 2014

Back on the Gluten Free Bandwagon


Now that Grace is finally feeling better I can go back to working on me. I have suffered from acid reflux for years and different treatments have helped at different times in my life. The past couple of years I have had to rely more on alternative means while still taking my daily medication as well. Six to eight months ago I tried a mostly gluten free diet and it helped. I stayed on it for 4-5 months then decided to take a break. Much of the general population doesn't know that grain can cause issues like GERD. I have read lots of books and researched as much as possible in the area over the years. To make a long story short the acid reflux is rearing its ugly head again over the past couple of months so its time to take a stand again. 


I am blessed to live in an area that has a great local source for purchases. This means gluten free alternatives that don't have all the processed stuff in it you get at the grocery store. To start me back off I purchased cheese crackers and granola for some snack items, soft white bread for sandwiches and toast, cinnamon roll bread for breakfast, pre-made pizza crusts (4) and a few mixes for dinners throughout the week. All the items in the first picture cost me $35.00. So as you can see they come in at a reasonable price as well. If you live locally and need a source to buy gluten free products check out her website Keep It Simple. Last time I went gluten free it took me 5 - 6 weeks to get the full benefit. Here's hoping it happens again. 


No comments: