Saturday, February 15, 2014

Some Favorite Gluten-Free Snacks

 
I am a bonafide snacker. One thing about going gluten free for me is the lack of good snacks. This is my second try at a true gluten free diet. The cereal above has really impressed me. I tend to not like cereal in milk because of the sogginess factor. I just eat it by the handfuls with a glass of milk for breakfast or as a snack in the afternoon or evening.

 
Decent crackers are also hard to come by. I lucked upon these a couple of weeks ago. They are herb and garlic flavored. I eat them with cheese or sometimes with chicken salad instead of bread. They crumble very easily but I do like the taste.

 
Last but not least is the almond and raisin granola I get from my local gluten free source. This granola is so tasty and many times it is my go to snack in the afternoon or evening. Sometimes I had a few dark chocolate chips or even yogurt covered raisins.

Circling Through This Life

1 comment:

Tess said...

At the moment I don't want tackle a gluten free diet but cereal would be the thing I would miss because it's a snack here too. (Thanks for linking up this week!)