Sunday, August 26, 2012

Youth Fiction Series Favorites

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (The Chronicles of Narnia) Little House on the Prairie (Full Color)Percy Jackson and the Olympians Paperback Boxed Set (Books 1-3)


The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, Book 1)    Peter and the Starcatchers Box Set (The Starcatchers)Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 (Book 1)


The Hunger Games (Book 1)  Divergent (Book 1)  The Maze Runner (Book 1)  (Maze Runner Trilogy)


City of Bones (Mortal Instruments)  Matched

Recently I have kind of given up on adult fiction. Nothing really good out there these days. So I have turned to youth fiction. The first seven I have listed have been read by Grace and myself but the last four I will have her wait till 16 or so because of some adult like themes. I just finished the second book in the Divergent series and I really like it. But hands down the one book that a lot of people may be overlooking is Michael Vey the Prisoner of Cell 25. The second book in this series just came out and I hope to purchase it in the next couple of weeks. I read a wide variety of book, fiction and non-fiction, if I don't have at least 2-3 books going at once something is wrong. I definitely need to read right before bed to relax and get in sleeping mode. If you haven't checked out some of these please give them a try, they won't disappoint.








1 comment:

Karen said...

I am reading this and smiling. I think I have told you I am a HUGE fan of Young Adult! Have Maze Runner on Kindle to read, reading Divergent right now, read the 2 "Matched" books. City of Bones is on my 'to read' list. Hunger Games..we both read those last year before the hoopla of the movie. Keilee was Katniss for Halloween and only 1 person knew who she was. I am sure there will be TONS of Katnisses this Halloween.

I also liked the "Delirium" series. I think I liked those more than the "Matched" ones. Also "Starcrossed" was good. I have read FOUR series the last few months that have 2 books and the 3rd to be released in the future. I swore after Harry Potter I would NEVER read a series until all the books are out. ;)