Thursday, August 23, 2012

Update on Banana Pepper Burns

Okay, that was some of the most awful pain I have ever been through. I literally tried everything to get the stinging and burning to go away. Soaking in ice water, milk, and vinegar. Making a paste of baking soda, applying aloe, and taking two pain pills. It boiled down to me soaking my hand in a bowl of water for the first 3-4 hours then switching off to a frozen coke bottle to hold. I literally went to bed last night with a frozen coke bottle of water at my side and my hands holding it. I finally fell off to sleep at about 1 a.m. and when I woke back up at 2:30 the pain was gone. So heed my warning, when cutting up peppers wear rubber gloves. The Internet says latex gloves will not work, sometimes the juice gets through the latex. This morning my hands are not stinging or burning but still a little sore. I have to teach a puppetry arts class today so I was a little worried. Looking forward to a productive day, now that I can use my hands again.

6 comments:

~*~The Family~*~ said...

That is terrible - thanks for the warning.

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Really, who would have thought ...

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

Sorry to read about your burns. Happy, however, that it seems to be better today.

Deb said...

Diane! That sounds terrible! Are you worried at all that you have a sensitivity and will get sick if you eat them?

Eddie said...

Diane! So glad your hands are a bit better today. I was worried when I saw the post from last night.

Did puppetry go ok?