Thursday, August 2, 2012

What Does Your School Room Look Like?

BacktoHomeschoolI
I love seeing pictures of other families school rooms. We live in a small cabin, therefore space has always been an issue for us. A couple of years ago the sun room was turned into a school room. Each time my birthday or Christmas rolled around, my very handy husband built me floor to ceiling bookshelves. With only one student it seemed kind of impractical, so this past year it has been turned in to a library.

The lending library I am putting together has become one of my recent passions and a work in constant progress. Our school room consists of all the prerequisites that a homeschooler might need; shelves and shelves of books, a desk, dry erase board, and a weather station. Grace really loves knowing about the weather and checks the predictions daily. When all is said and done 9 1/2 times out of 10 we end up at the kitchen table. I can't wait to see what everyone else has to share.











5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite day of the Hop! Your home is beautiful, actually. Thanks for sharing your learning areas. :)

Julie said...

I LOVE your house. My ideal home. I would give up space any day for serenity. Not that I am envious or anything :)

Eddie said...

I'm drooling over all those shelves! What a great room to homeschool in!

Unknown said...

InChristalonemom - thanks for the kind comments about the school room and home.

Julie - Thanks for the kind comments about the house. Yes it is a lot of fun living in a cabin, but the lack of space really gets in the way sometimes, especially with storage.

Eddie - I love the shelves too. Hubby made them for me and they have been so useful.

Diane Allen said...

I love looking at others schoolrooms too! Following from the crew.