Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Unexpected Visit to the Doctor

A little before lunch I got a call from my 20 year old son. He asked me to meet him at the doctor. This morning he woke up with chest pain that once he went to work turned in to more pain and some shortness of breath. He was very upset and scared. Luckily our doctor was able to get us in right away to check him out. Once we got there he did calm down some. Some back history on him - he has alot of digestive issues and has tried a couple of medications to help and some tests for gall bladder issues. Nothing was ever really resolved he has just learned to live with it. The doctor ran an EKG which came out fine. Blood pressure, pulse, etc. also good. Travis has been under alot of stress lately too with the whole car issues we have been through over the past couple of weeks. The doctor felt like between the stress and his digestive issues plus maybe some inflammed tissue in the chest walls all contributed to his symptoms. She put him on a medication that is part anti inflammatory and part nexium. If he is still have symptoms in the morning that haven't improved at all she wants to send him for an ECHO. He already feels somewhat better knowing that he isn't having a heart attack or something of that nature. Really freaked him out.

5 comments:

Frances said...

I feel for him. I have reflux and a couple of times I would have been heading the the ER thinking I was having a heart attack, but talked myself out of it. If I had not been diagnosed with reflux, I would have been there in a heartbeat.

Aknecht said...

Glad to hear that Travis is going to be ok. I am sure you all had some scary moments. Tell him to rest and try to relax. Take care.

Jen U. said...

I am so sorry to hear this but so thankful that it doesn't seem to be anything too serious. I suffer from digestive issues too and get severe chest pain from Gerd sometimes so I sympathize with him. I hope he is feeling much better by tomorrow morn!

Jenny said...

Well, that is never fun. Sorry for your worrisome day. Hope it turns out fine!

Nekkid Chicken said...

Poor Boy, I know that must have been scarey. Sounds like a lot of stress may be the culprit.

Well Wishes,
Mal