Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to the Daily Grind

First day back at school. Need I say more. Actually for a first day after a two week break, it went very well. We had a great motivator. My sister needed me to watch my nephew today (public school doesn't start back till tomorrow), so Grace wanted to finish all her work without any breaks so they could play after lunch. Maybe I should bring him over more often.

I have started making cloth napkins for the kitchen. Last year we stopped using paper plates, napkins, etc. so I crocheted alot of dish rags that we tend to us as napkins at the dinner table. I haven't quilted in a couple of years - had lots of leftover fabric. Decided to cut to napkin sizes and hem the edges. Instant napkins. I will take a picture after I get a stack of them finished.

For those who read yesterday's blog entry, everything turned out okay with the defective car. Hubby took it back to the dealer today and they could not have been nicer about the situation. Especially since it as a used car (sold as is). Very grateful to have that behind us. Of course now that means more car shopping. Will it ever end.

2 comments:

Kelly Rhoades said...

Your day went better than ours! Abby to doctor for infection in a scrape in her leg. Everyone but Zach was grumpy and whiney. Julia finished school at 8PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

I have a lot of fabric that was my mom's that is just sitting in a box in the attic. Now that I know I can run my sewing machine, I should make a bunch of cloth napkins for my family! We haven't used paper napkins in a long time, but the "cloth napkins" we've been using are really pieces of several old t-shirts that had too many holes in them to be fixed. Really classy... ;) But it's worked!

Are you taking a snow day tomorrow? Hope you stay safe and warm through the winter storm!