Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Two New Obsessions

Okay I have two new obsessions. I am little slow on jumping on the band wagon with this first:


Pinterest is my new best friend. Love looking at all the art journaling pages, homemade gift ideas, etc.  Next new obsession is art journaling.

Used watercolors and a template from Pinterest.
This is in colored pencils - a poem about caterpillars for the kids  in my art journaling class.



As far as art goes I am not very talented or creative. But when I agreed to teach an art class in the fall for 3rd - 6th grades I knew I need to step outside of my box and get to work. So each night me and Grace sit down and either do a journal page or an index card for the ICAD challenge. We have actually had alot of fun with it so far. Hoping I improve over time. In years gone by I did alot of scrapbooking which has prepared me a little for the art journaling process. I do want to learn more techniques to improve my pages. 





3 comments:

Fran said...

Pinterest is such good fun and great for all sorts of ideas xxx

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

It certainly is a great way to bookmark ideas. You could spend hours going thru others pages. :)

Karen said...

Hey I am on Pinterest. Follow me Homeschoolgrls and I will follow you back. I have an Art Journal board plus I am always looking for new ideas. :)