Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lending Library Progress



This and last weekend I have devoted a good bit of time to cataloging the books for the lending library. All fiction has been alphabetized but still needs labels. The cataloging process is slow. Each book is researched through our library system's website to get the correct number. Some books are not in the system so I have to do the best I can with putting them into a category and labeling them. But it does feel like I am accomplishing alot. A couple more days and all the books will be labeled and shelved properly. The next step will be research if I want to go old school with library pockets and cards or buy software for the computer to keep track of everything. I am leaning toward old school, just because of cost and in my humble opinion the uncertain future with technology and such. I still have a long way to go before opening my doors to other families. For one thing, lots more books need to be purchased. Only one thing holding me back, MONEY! Times are hard for everyone and just about every dime is going toward bills, gas, food, and daily living. I will be attending an used book sale in a few weeks and the time frame we will be going everything will be half price. Hoping to find some treasures to build up my inventory. 










1 comment:

Karen said...

I just love this idea. What a wonderful thing to do.