Saturday, July 21, 2012

Baking Ahead

As I have mentioned my oven is dead. Stove top is still good and I do have a slow cooker. So between last night and this morning I decided to do some baking ahead ( some here and some at my mother's house).
Last night I made 12-15 waffles to keep in the freezer for easy breakfast over the next couple of weeks. Just take a couple out of the freezer and warm up in the toaster. If interested in the recipe I got it from a friend blogger here.
Next on the agenda was muffins and blondies over at my mom's house. Also was able to spend some quality time with mom and dad (dad will have surgery on Monday to remove an aneurysm in his abdomen). Also made home made pizza for us all for lunch.

Twenty four muffins to put in the freezer. I love these also for a quick breakfast and also a late night snack.
Last but not least was blondies for snacks for the next week.

2 comments:

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

Diane - I'm so sorry to hear that your oven is still not working. That is awful. Happy, however, that the waffles turned out well for you! Thanks so much for mentioning my site in your post. That's very sweet. The blondies look delicious. :)

Fran said...

Not good not having an oven :(
But all your baking looks really yummy xxx