Friday, July 20, 2012

Sponsoring Missionaries

I mentioned in a previous post how much I wanted to start supporting people and organizations that were out there in the world spreading God's word and love. A few months ago we started supporting a missionary through Gospel for Asia and have her information hanging on our wall in the kitchen.
Now we have a new missionary to support, a family member actually. My cousin and her husband are traveling to Uganda the beginning of August to spend a year there working with children through Mercy Uganda.
So now we have a map of Africa with there information up also. Hoping to add more to it once they arrive in Uganda. 
Next on the list will be collecting funds for World Vision or supporting a child. I really feel God speaking to me to branch out more in this area. Please pray for safety, wisdom, and protection for my cousin and her husband for the upcoming year in Africa.


2 comments:

Fran said...

Good luck to your cousin and her husband. Africa is a fascinating and beautiful place x

Jennifer said...

My cousin and his wife are missionaries in Japan and also homeschool their children. I always enjoy hearing from missionaries about what they do, but I think the family connection (even though they have never met) has made my children even more interested in their service.

I am praying now for your cousin and her husband.