Friday, July 20, 2012

Last Child In The Woods Chapters 18,19,20

The three chapters read this week to me were mostly about what the world could be. The thoughts of villages/towns that are small and incorporate nature and such into the design would be a wonderful place to live. This is one of the reasons we moved out of the suburban sprawl 10 years ago to the North Ga Mountains. Closer to nature. Farm life appeals to me on so many levels. I feel that most of society has just lost themselves in what they think life should be about and don't pay attention to what they already have. If I went back 10 years I never would have thought I would have 20 chickens in the back yard and a huge community garden 100 yards from our house. So much needs to be done to get back to what is important, but where to start is the question? I think this book provokes many thoughtful questions and has many wonderful ideas.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I can't wait to read these chapters. We just put a contract on a house back in my childhood hometown of less than 3,000 people. We will be moving into a home that is 10 times less than our current home, in value and cost. Can't wait!!