- 1 packet yeast
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
1. Place yeast in 1/4 cup lukewarm water and sugar in a bowl. Stir to dissolve yeast. Add 1 cup lukewarm water, the olive oil, salt, and 3 1/2 cups flour a little at a time until easy to handle.
2. Knead dough in bowl about 10 minutes or until smooth, elastic and easy to handle. Shape into a ball.
3. Spread a little olive oil on bottom and sides of bowl. Add the ball then turn over oiled side up. Cover and set in warm spot for one hour. Lightly sprinkle 2 12inch pizza pans with cornmeal and set aside.
4. Punch down dough, cut in half and form each half into a ball. On floured board pat or roll out each ball of dough into a circle. Place circle over knuckles and gently stretch to just about the size of pan.
5. Place the rounds in pans and flatten center with your hands leaving a raised edge around the rim.
6. Add toppings of choice then place in 500 degree oven and bake 10-15 minutes.