Saturday, October 1, 2011

Great Find at the Book Store

I had read about these books a while back on another blog. These are quick reads to introduce kids to each category of Science. I picked up Rocks and Minerals and Chemistry (especially since she is taking an introductory chemistry class at the moment). Also available: Astronomy, Biology, Periodic Table, Physics and Planet Earth. Really excited about using them. I also have a Curiosity Files download about the blue diamond that will go really well with the Rocks and Minerals book.

1 comment:

Fran said...

I think I would like to read those books! I find that when you pick up 'knowledg/learninge' books for adults, they often assume that you know something about the subject, or are written in a very technical way. I like children's books because they take you back to the basics and are usually written in an interesting way. I always vowed that when I finished my degree I was going to rewrite the course books so that they were readable! xxx