Monday, November 8, 2010

What a Blessing

I help teach a drama class every Monday and sometimes on Tuesday. Today when I arrived for class the lead teacher told me she had a bag of bread for me. She told me that a truck comes to their church every week with short dated items and drops them off. She brought home three boxes of bread so they wouldn't go to waste. I thought it was going to be just some loaves of sandwich bread. But to my surprise I now have a bag of blueberry bagels, English muffins, hamburger buns and sandwich bread. All fructose corn syrup free and 100 percent whole wheat. I halved everything so that some would be frozen and some eaten right away. I also went to my local produce store today to pick up some honey, apples, bananas, and eggs. I have been visiting the store once or twice a week for about the past month. Most of there stuff is better than from the grocery store, even the cheese they sale. Anyway to make a long story short, when I was checking out the owner asked me if I had ever tried sorghum syrup, I told her I had not, and she sent me home with a pint for free. Now I need some recipes to try it in. If you have any good ones let me know.

3 comments:

Kelly Rhoades said...

On top of a hot, buttered biscuit!

Chris said...

I've never heard of soghorm surup. Now I'll have to go look it up!

Leslie said...

So glad you were blessed this way. It's a sweet reminder of how much God loves you!

Blessings
Leslie