Monday, August 16, 2010

Country Entertainment

The past few nights Grace and hubby have been going on walks for the purpose of catching grass hoppers to feed to the chickens. It is the funniest thing to watch. One chicken will catch a grass hopper and then all the rest will chase him down to try there hand at stealing the bug away. Very funny stuff!!

School is going well. Moving right along. Had to take Travis to the hospital this morning to have an abdominal ultrasound to try and diagnose gall bladder issues. Waiting to hear back. Possible surgery in the next few weeks. Another family at our church as pulled their kids out of public school to home school. Going to their house tomorrow to answer alot of questions and help them get started. Talking about homeschooling is one of my favorite past times.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I just attended a meeting at our church with five families and probably four more will sign up, too, to keep their kids out of public/private school. We might even have a monthly meeting at the church gym so the kids have time to play together. I'm excited about the opportunity for community.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You've won the Oster blender from CSN Stores and Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers! You didn't include your email address, so I hope this comment finds you in time. Please contact me, via email (link on my blog contact form or profile), no later than Wednesday, Aug. 18 with your full name and shipping info, so that I can get it to the folks at CSN.

Thanks and congratulations!

Kelly Rhoades said...

I'm thankful you talked to them too! I couldn't help them nearly as much as I'm sure you did.