Sunday, August 18, 2013

Insanely Weird Weather

This summer has had the weirdest weather I have ever seen in my lifetime. Two days ago was the coolest on record for our area at 69 degrees. In August! 69 degrees! Normally we are in the 90's or at least the high 80's. If my memory serves, we have only reached 90 degrees one day the ENTIRE summer. Pitiful weather for swimming. It has rained almost every day since the beginning of June. That is like 8-9 straight weeks of rain. Everything under the sun has been rained out in our County. Fourth of July parties, parades, fireworks, birthday parties, swimming parties.... I could go on and on. This week has been rain and coolests temps of the summer. The last four days we have barely gotten out of the high 60's. Of course I turned the AC off and opened windows, so that has been nice. Another downside to all the rain and very little sun is the fact that many gardens just flopped. Hardly any decent tomatoes. I am hoping that the cooler temps stay and it doesn't decide to just spike in this last part of August and September. I know I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, and should be thankful for all the rain. Our area had suffered with drought conditions over the past few years and I we have a well for our water. So lots of rain means good well water for us. On the flip side I am very eager to see the sun again.

No comments: