Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Purchases

Over the past two week I have purchased some new materials to use when we start back to school on Monday. There is a teachers resource store that I purchased some of the items from. I felt we really needed to beef up our Language Arts materials. Above is a book with a vocabulary word a day to learn and flash cards with a short paragraph and questions for comprehension.
The spectrum books are pretty good. The past 1 1/2 years we used Language Lessons from Queenhomeschool but I thought a small change was in order.

A book for dictionary use.


Another grammar book.

This one actually was a Christmas present with short stories about dragons from E. Nesbit. Grace is crazy about all things dragons.

Love all products from Queenhomeschool. This is the final book in her cursive series. We took a break from cursive for a few months but need to get back to it.

Just about finished with Making Math Meaningful. I have read alot about Life with Fred and now Queenhomeschool is carrying it. It looked very interesting so we decided to try it next, especially since she need more work with fractions.






3 comments:

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

We also use Life of Fred and I used the fraction book as review for my kids. They loved it and for once didn't complain about math. Of course, it was for review (I have older kids), but I'd still recommend it. My husband wants us to continue the series through calculus.

Debi said...

I keep running into 'Fred' - I must look into it.
Thanks for your sweet comment on our Christmas photo.
Happy New Year - from Texas.

Anonymous said...

I've heard so many good things about Life of Fred. I'll have to try it out one day! We love E. Nesbit's Dragons! My daughter has loved reading the Dragonsdale books.