Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Baking Day

The normal daily routine did take place. School, lunch, and a library visit. But what took up most of my time today was baking. This Friday our support group is hosting a mini seminar with Sonya Schaffer from Simply Charlotte Mason. So excited!!!!! Our group is responsible for refreshments and set up and clean up. So I baked two loaves of banana bread and a batch of cookies. I still need to make a batch of cookies for here at the house for the kids to snack on and another loaf of bread. Hopefully I can get to that Thursday night or Friday morning, if not it looks like Saturday will be it. We also get to go out to an early dinner with Sonya before the seminar. Looking so forward to asking many questions, etc. She is so my homeschool hero. About to go cook dinner and then teach a class a church. Last night we started watching the newer edition of The Music Man with Matthew Broderick and need to finish that tonight. Also some crocheting. No rest for the weary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love baking days!

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

If I had my vehicle here and not just the camper right now- I would so be driving that way! I'd love to attend one of Sonya's seminars! You are going to post details, right??? LOL Can't wait to read all about it.

Oh, and thanks for the tip on the Italian restaurant- if we ever get back to your neck of the woods, we'll definitely stop in and maybe, your family could join us.

Blessings!:)

Leslie said...

Hope you have a great time at the seminar!!!

Blessings
Leslie