Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Cabin Faced West

Today we finished The Cabin Faced West by Jean Fritz. I just have to write how much I like this book and even though Grace isn't always ready to admit how much she likes something, she really liked it to. The fact that parts of the book are true and about a real person was great. Grace really like that Ann got to meet General George Washington. He has always been one of Grace's favorites from history. Him and Ben Franklin. In the last chapter where Ann says, "My cup runneth over", I just about cried. Such a sweet story. Just thought I would pass it along.

1 comment:

argsmommy said...

This book sat in our classroom for months and we never got around to reading it. I finally had to return it to the library yesterday, but now I'll have to put it back on the list. : )