Monday, September 24, 2012

Random Monday



One of my all time favorite bloggers, Deb over at Not Inadequate, has started a Random Monday link up. If you are not reading her blog you need to go and check it out. This lady is funny!!! So here is my go at a Random Monday link up:


  • Tonight I go to a three hour volunteer training meeting at the state prison in our area. I am part of a prison ministry team that will hopefully be going in one Saturday a month to help in the child care center where mothers get to visit their children twice a month. We would be responsible for activities and lunch during a 6 hours shift.
  • Did you ever meet a person that just knocked your socks off with encouragement and you were so impressed with them and their accomplishments you wanted to get off your bum and  do whatever you could for those less fortunate. Well, that is what happened to me this week. I had another meeting this last Friday with a woman that heads up a huge prison ministry through the local detention center. She has her hands in all aspects of ministering to women in prison, addiction recovery, and after they get out. I really want to work with this organization.
  • This week is going to be a crazy one. Every single day is full of something. Praying I keep it all together.
  • Wednesday I take my mom to an appointment to find out test results, praying they are good. Also get to visit with a friend that moved away.
  • One of our younger Buff Orpingtons crowed for the first time this morning. He sounded sick. Definitely needs improvement. 
  • Working on our next semester schedule for the cooperative I run with a friend. Lots of great classes will take place. 
  • I am reviewing a tax school program for TOS and it is kicking my tail. I WILL persevere and finish the whole program.  

6 comments:

April said...

Prayers for your mom and good test results. I review for TOS, too. How do you like it? Or wait, maybe it's not safe to say here... Joking.

Deb said...

Diane! You linked up! Thank you so much - I really appreciate it! You are one busy lady, I don't know how you do it all. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get good news at your mom's appointment. I love your header picture! Just gorgeous!!

Karen said...

I agree Deb is hysterical. I will have to check out her link up. I hope your prison training goes well and yes I have met people like that! Aren't they great to be around? i hope your Mom's doctor visit goes well I will say a prayer for her. The crazy weeks are hard but I bet you will navigate it all wonderfully.

Fran said...

Sounds like you have a busy week. Hoping that all goes well with your Mum xxx

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

You are so busy!! I remember when our rooster crowed for the first time. I think he scared himself. He sounded like he was going through puberty. :) Hugs to your mom. I'm thinking of her.