Monday, November 26, 2012

Advent Garland - Something New


This year Grace is in 8th grade and a lot of Christmas traditions have fallen by the wayside as being too "young" for a teenager to participate. I was doing some research over the past few days and came across a blog that had this idea for an advent garland. Each day has something fun or meaningful to do. I think she might really get in to this one. I included all her favorite things as well as some service for the community. I wish I could remember which blog I got it from and give them credit, sorry. Here is the list of 24 days of activities/service:


  • Decorate Christmas cookies and give to a neighbor
  • Build a gingerbread house
  • Go ice skating
  • Ride around and look at Christmas lights
  • Get an eggnog milkshake from McDonalds (this is a biggie for us being on Weight Watchers)
  • Make a Christmas craft
  • Drink Hot Cocoa
  • Make a Christmas ornament
  • List ten things you are grateful for
  • Watch a Christmas movie
  • Deliver candy canes with attached scripture to people in town
  • Send a card to an elderly friend
  • Make a treat with a card to give to the trash man
  • Leave a note and a treat for the mail carrier
  • Wrap presents for the children's home
  • String popcorn for decorating
  • Watch The Christmas Story
  • Have a special lunch out
  • Take a picture in Santa hats
  • Paint toenails in Christmas colors
  • Make handmade gift tags
  • Read the Legend of the Candy Cane
  • Make granola bars and give to the pastor's family
  • Drink more hot cocoa







1 comment:

Nicole said...

I saw this on a blog, too, and thought I should do it. Then didn't. But now I think I might. Sounds fun!