Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday

This morning woke up to go to a yard sale at the local high school. Raising money for the drama department. Didn't get there until 11:30. Very picked over by that point. But I did find a couple of items I have been hankering for. I have recently become a fan of the blog Down to Earth and one of her photos has a wire basket sitting on her counter with knitted washclothes. I wanted one too. Found one this morning that is now holding two of my crocheted washclothes. Also found four wicker baskets for .50 cents a piece. One I am giving to my mom tomorrow for her birthday with a set of crocheted washclothes. One I am keeping for a bread basket and the others holding on to for presents. We also stopped at a clothing consignment shop to find clothes for Grace. She grows out of clothes at an alarming rate. Found one pair of jeans for 7.00, a shirt for church 5.00, and a t-shirt for 4.00. I think we will definitely go back again. I am really going to make an effort to not buy anything brand new for a while and just try my hand at thrifting and consigment shops - especially for clothing and dishware. Still need to find a pizza pan for homemade pizza and some new to me bread pans. I am going to make an effort. Of course today we did get something out for lunch and dinner. Went to a gallery showing tonight of local art, including my hubby's. I think he has some new picks on his blog of his new piece and is working on a really big piece that will look great when finished. Crocheted two more washclothes today and working some on a blanket out of granny squares. About to watch a movie with the family called Keeping a Promise. It is made from the book we are reading for history right now - The Sign of the Beaver.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog you have! Thanks for your lovely comment on mine! :)