Thursday, October 21, 2010

On the Reading Table

Been reading alot lately. Here is some of the material I have been perusing.
Fiction: Gotta have a little fiction in the mix. Two of my favorite authors that I haven't read in a while are Catherine Coulter and Michael Palmer. Haven't started these yet but working toward it.
Non-fiction: Okay this title has got to be the longest title known to man, Crunchy Cons: How Birkenstocked Burkeans, gun-loving organic gardeners, evangelical free-range farmers, hip homeschooling mamas, right-wing nature lovers, and their diverse tribe of counter cultural conservatives plan to save America (or at least the Republican Party), crazy, huh! I started this one last night and it looks interesting. I think the whole book is mainly about how conservatives that like to eat organic food, homeschool, take care of the planet and so on fit in with other conservatives. Also on the table waiting to be read are: Better Off Flipping the Switch on Technology, The New Woodburner's Handbook A Guide to Safe, Healthy and Efficient Woodburning, The Home Creamery, and Food Not Lawns. Trying to learn as much as possible in case it is every needed in the future.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! What a stack. Sounds like you have been doing a lot of reading! I am trying, but not able to keep up as much as I would like to.

Enjoy!

Leslie

Kellie said...

I heard of Crunchy Cons on a blog last year and meant to look into it but never did. I'd love to hear your opinion when you're done.