Sunday, November 2, 2014

Cooperative Costume Party

Getting ready to play the donut game.
 
Last night our Cooperative had a costume party. Mostly I put this together for our beloved co-director Ms. Shannon who moved away back in May. She was coming for a visit and wanted to see all the kids and family while here. The timing of Halloween and the fact that most of the guys are drama students and relish in dressing up became the them of the party. We had current Cooperative attendees present as well as alumni of the program. It truly was so great to see everyone.

Spider tossing game.
 
When I discovered that close to 70 children, teens, and their families would be in attendance I knew I needed to recruit some help. My sister is a perfect party planner and game show host so she was my first choice. We planned an evening of Minute to Win It type games and she was Tacky Jack the game show host. Telling jokes and leading the games. My niece, nephew, and my sister's good friend all jumped in to help as well.

Post Its Game
I think all the families had fun. It is always great to hang out with the gang. Lots of laugh, fellowship, and love for each other.
 

 
The costumes were great. My favorites were the little Minion and Carol Burnett's version of Scarlet O'Hara.

 
So much sugar I'm sure the kids were up for hours afterward.
 
 
Love these kids!

No comments: