Monday, September 30, 2013

Coconut Flour and Muffins


Baking with gluten free flours has definitely created a learning curve for me. I love baking, but this was a brand new ball game for me to learn. Using a prepackaged all purposed gluten free mix has worked for chocolate chip cookies and I actually like those a lot. I enjoy muffins for breakfast and really miss them as one of my breakfast go to foods. Yesterday I decided it was time to try again. I had previously ordered a large container of coconut flour, so I started with searching out recipes for muffins made from coconut flour. I came across this one, and so far I have been pleased enough with it. Not overjoyed, just please enough. They still came out a bit dry, but warmed with some butter and I can make it work. If anyone out there has some other recipes for coconut flour and I would be interested in seeing them.



No comments: