Saturday, March 26, 2011

Stocking the Freezer

This morning was a baking morning. I love anything sweet for breakfast. I like to eat breakfast when my feet hit the floor. I do not like making muffins and such at 7 in the morning. So this morning I decided to get up and bake to stock the freezer with a variety of muffins and breakfast bars to the next week or so. The baking frenzy started out with choc. chip muffins made from scratch. These are the favorites of my kids.
These are a new recipe I found in Hodgson Mill Whole Grain Baking cookbook. If they taste as good as they look I will share the recipe this week. This is Banana Wheat Germ muffins for me and hubby. I have one more recipe to try which is a breakfast bar made with apples and cranberries which I need to get from the store. I included this last picture because we love pizza and only home made will do now. The others you purchase just can't come close. Last night was pizza night and I wanted to show how great they came out. Grace will be eating seconds today for lunch.

4 comments:

Blossom Barden (NorthLaurel) said...

Awesome! Your pizzas look like they are store-bought or delivery. They look great! I've just recently discovered a good pizza crust recipe and have made pizza a few times with it. Would you care to share your recipe for the pizza? They really look yummy!

Leigh said...

A baking day to stock the freezer is an excellent idea. Muffins are always a great breakfast and the bars sound great too. Your pizza really does look yummy! A friend told me it's possible to partially bake a homemade pizza and then freeze that too, to finish baking later. I haven't tried that though.

Kelly Rhoades said...

I'm coming over to eat! See you in about 10 minutes.

Renee said...

Wow,all of your food looks delicious!I hope you share the recipe b/c I would love to try them out.My daughters love chocolate chip muffins and your pizza looks awesome!

We are also a homeschool family and hope that you will stop by our letter project blog and help us reach our goal.Feel free to also grab our blog button.Thanks!

http://2011letters.blogspot.com