Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Busy Day

I purposely didn't schedule alot of schoolwork today because I knew it might be a bit on the busy side. I scheduled Grace school work that she could accomplish on her own - art, cursive, Bible, Missionary Stories, standardized test practice, Greek, and a few other subjects that I can't remember. I had to go get our taxes prepared this morning as well as run some errands. Grace was picked up after lunch by a friend to go bowling with another home school group. I met them there after the errands were accomplished. Later in the afternoon I went to the library to pick up some on hold books (lots of gardening, living off grid, etc. books are on hold on my account). I also went by the bank to cash in about 25 bonds that we had accumulated over the past 6 years through a payroll deduction. Figured now was as good a time as ever, what if the government/economy tanks even further and then we couldn't cash them in at all. Still have about 10 that need to mature for one year to be cashed. The interested accrued on them was pitiful. We are using the money to start an emergency fund and to pay for some repairs to the house as well as the aforementioned dehydrator that needs to be purchased. Tonight was tacos for dinner then me and Grace riding the exercise bike (not at the same time of course) and catching up on some reading and TV watching.

1 comment:

Kelly Rhoades said...

The kids had fun too! I'll let you know the next time they have something else cool planned, but don't you get the emails too?