Friday, July 30, 2010

Time for School

Monday will be our first official day back at school. I borrowed an idea from another blog. Last year we joined the craze of work boxes, this year all the work boxes are gone and the shoe boxes are filled with art supplies. The binder in the front is Grace's school binder. Some items I have included in the binder are a sheet to write down books read, a calendar for each month filled out with where ever she needs to be on particular days. Each night when I get lessons ready for the next day she will have a list of items to do that day for independent work and work to do with me. We have had such a busy summer with two art camps, volleyball camp, friends, swimming, and The Wizard of Oz, it really doesn't seem like we have had any time off. Regardless, back to learning we must go. Although, when I look back on the past 8 weeks I think I could have counted nearly every day as school because of all the learning through her passions she has come across as well as reading. Looking forward to a great new school year.

1 comment:

Kelly Rhoades said...

Looks like you're ready! I have a hanging folder for each kid with folders for each day in it. And, I have a microscope if Grace is ever in need of doing a science lesson over here!