Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sharing

Thought I would share a few items we have been working with. For history we are studying slavery. We started reading a book about Sojourner Truth but found it to be a pretty violent book. I know that the times of slavery was a very violent time, but it was hard for me to read it and hard for Grace to hear it. We decided to switch to the above book Brady by one of my favorite authors Jean Fritz. This one is about the Underground Railroad. We have also started another lapbook about slavery.
Another book we are really digging is Life of Fred. I have a daughter that absolutely hates math. I am not saying that she loves doing this book, but it is electic enough to peek her interest, sometimes. The only gripe I have is not enough problems for memorizing a concept. I periodically have her do more problems if needed. I would recommend Life of Fred for those learners that are just not math lovers. We are currently using the Fractions book and are about halfway through, the next in the series will be Percents and Decimals.




No comments: