Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday, Monday

What a Monday. Non stop from the moment I got up. Had to go to parent's house first thing to give dad his injectable medication and will be heading over there again in about an hour to do the same. Had to go get the dreaded mammogram today in a town an hour away. This is actually where we used to live. Went to Steak and Shake for lunch. Haven't eaten there in about 1 1/2 years. Before I left this morning my mom, bless her heart, knew that Grace has grown out of just about every piece of clothing she has and I have not been able to find anything through the local consignment shops, gave me her credit card and a discount card to get some clothes from Kohls for Grace. Spent about 1 1/2 hours trying to find clothing suitable, she is just one the verge of leaving the children's department and moving in to juniors. Found one dress, pair of Capri's, pair of bermuda shorts, two uniform pants for Trinity, three t-shirts, three dress shirts, two bras, knee high socks, and a cami. While I was at that exit I went to the big library and picked me out some books. Got home and less than half the clothes fit her. Will return them on Wednesday when I take mom to her treatment. I am having the hardest time finding clothes to fit Grace. Driving me crazy. She really needs to lose some weight from her stomach so pants will fit her better. I did leave some school work for Grace to do on her own and low and behold she actually got it all done. Another full day tomorrow, but may need to put on hold because of predictions of 3-5 inches of snow.

4 comments:

Kelly Rhoades said...

Hey! Let me know her sizes. Remember there is a teacher's classifieds and I can put a "looking for" add on there for you. I ended up with 4 pair of very nice jeans and capris for Julia for 16.00.

Jessica said...

Busy, busy!

Your mama sounds like a sweetheart. Glad you picked up some goodies. :)

Tammy said...

I have the same problem with my 9 year old daughter. She's right in between departments at the stores too. It's so frustrating!

That was very nice of your mother. ♥

brightandnew said...

Oh dear, how disappointing that some of the clothes didn't fit.

My daughter is similarly hard to find clothes for, she is quite small for her age and I have to sew belt loops into most of her skirts and trousers. I hear your frustration :)