Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

Christmas morning was all it was supposed to be. Grace unwrapped her gifts. This year we went with themed gift bags. In one bag was all kinds of drawing and art supplies. The second bag had hats, crazy colored socks, and clothes. The third bag was full of games. I did add one present to the mix of three dvds that Grace really loved. Coraline, Monsters vs. Aliens, and Hotel for Dogs. She enjoyed all her gifts. Travis openned his presents a little later due to the fact we couldn't get him out of bed. Most of his items were X-box related and some dvds that he wanted. We met over at my sister's house for Christmas breakfast and more gift exchanging. One thing Travis is really good at is making pancakes and he came through again this year. My sister and her husband made all of the adults omelets while Travis made the kids pancakes. Breakfast was so good and we were all stuffed.
I don't think I have ever posted a picture of my dad, well, here he is.

Pic of me and mom.

This is Grace wearing her Christmas gift. She now officially owns 6 hats. You rarely find her not wearing one. The frame in the back with the kid's photos is our family gift to my parents. Gracie got a DS and a stuffed dog from her grandparents. She was very excited.

Here is dad, mom, Danielle, and Travis openning gifts. Of course Travis find it hard to get away from his Iphone even on Christmas morning. You can see him texting a friend here. The day was a great family day. Much eating, visiting, and loving.




4 comments:

Debbie said...

Sad as it is, I cracked up when I saw the picture of Travis looking at his phone! Yesterday at the table, we were eating breakfast and my husband was reading the Christmas story in Luke 2, and I look over and Ted (my 16 year old) is looking at his phone!
What do we do with this technical crew?

Aknecht said...

Glad you had a great Christmas. I love Travis and the apron. Your nephew also got in to trouble texing at the Dinner table at my Parent's Christmas day. I have found him asleep with his Iphone in his hand. Merry Christmas from Kentucky!

michelle said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas!
(My girls have a lot of hats, too. It must be a 'girl thing' - LOL.)

Blessings,
Michelle

Rhonda said...

Looks like you had a lovely Christmas. Hope you have a blessed New Year as well!

Blessings,
Rhonda