Sunday, October 20, 2013

It's A Zombie Wedding


Yesterday, after a year of planning, my niece got married. Beautiful ceremony outside. Of course the coolest day of the year so far. It rained up till a few hours before the wedding and the wind started to really blow during the ceremony.


Of course the first dance.


The beautiful bride.



Scott, Grace and myself. I should have taken a picture of the back of my hair. A close friend fixed my hair in a mass of curls down my back that you can't see at all from the pic.


The grandmother (my mom) got to be the flower girl. It was so sweet and she was very cute.


Our son Travis(with the guitar) played and his friend sang Marry Me and I Won't Give Up right before the ceremony started.


Then comes the fun part. Everything about the wedding ceremony was traditional but the reception was zombie themed. We got 8 students from my cooperative that are drama students to play the zombies. None of the guests knew about the zombie horde infiltrating the reception. The dj announced the bride and groom and instead walked in a horde of zombies. It was classic and funny.


My sister's friend pulled off some really yummy cakes in a zombie theme. We had one cake of Italian creme, another was chocolate creme and the third was red velvet. Lots of cupcakes as well.


Lots of fun seeing family and friends. Great food and dancing. Maybe we should do this every year. I think my sister might vote against that. Lots of money and stress. Today we can now all relax.












No comments: