Thursday, April 11, 2013

History Choices for 2013 - 2014

Now is about the time that all homeschooling moms start to post what their plans are for the next year. I plan rather loosely what I would like us to study for each subject. Their is always room to change it up if something else interests us or we get into a rut. This next year for history we will be studying the Middle Ages and Church History. These are two areas of history that we haven't studied very much. Also I have so many pieces of curriculum that I went through my library and put some stuff together. Trying to be a bit frugal and not purchase anything.

Our spine for the year will be The Greenleaf Guide Famous Men of the Middle Ages. I bought this last year at the convention's used book sale. It seems very user friendly and has all the information we need to guide us through nearly a year of history.


I also already had the Famous Men of the Middle Ages book on my kindle which was free from Amazon.


These are the books I already had on my shelf to round out the Middle Ages study. Some of these Grace will read on her own and some we will use as read alouds. The pictures is kind of blurry but includes: The Door in the Wall, Adam of the Road, King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table, Ivanhoe, Sir Knight of the Splendid Way.


Church History Set
Photo Credit belongs to Salem Ridge Press


This is the series we will be using to study Church History. There are twelve books in the series. I think it will probably take us longer than one year to finish this series because we will be reading them aloud. I have already purchased the first in this series, Glaucia The Greek Slave. 



1 comment:

Kelly Rhoades said...

Can you believe that I don't have any plans yet?!