Thursday, September 6, 2012

No Posts in Four Days?

What's up with that? Life, I guess. I usually don't go this long without posting something. My only excuse would be working on many reviews for TOS, getting lessons together for cooperative, teaching school to Grace, errands, house work, cooking meals, taking care of animals, baking to trade for bartered milk, getting information to start a prison ministry team at our church, and so much more. Life just kind of got in the way this week. This equals very few blog posts. Today will be very busy also:

  • 1:00 - 2:00 - Essay Writing Class
  • 3:00 - 5:30 - Fine Arts Cooperative
  • 6:00 - 8:30 - Grace goes to Acts of Faith Ministry Practice
  • 6:00 - 8:30 - I come home to cook dinner, see to animals, and pick up
As I mentioned above our church is in the beginning stages of creating mission teams to help in different facets of the community. I felt led to work with the prison ministry team. We have a large women's medium security prison in our community. I talked to one of the chaplains yesterday and was very encouraged by all the volunteer opportunities that are available. They seemed very flexible and agreeable to a lot of the items our team had already discussed. Our entire team will need to attend a volunteer training day at the end of September before being allowed to start working and of course background checks. I am so looking forward to getting this off the ground. 

1 comment:

Karen said...

I know what you mean Diane. There are days that we are so busy. Love for Kei to do lots of things but some days I just want to stay home!