Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Weekend in Pictures

 
We planted blueberry bushes at least five years ago but because of very little sun reaching our yard due to lots and lots of trees they haven't done much over the years. This summer they decided to actually give us a little fruit. We are contemplating moving them to a slightly more sunny spot.

 
Today I went to help my mom do a little packing. In a small tree on the side of her front deck was a cardinal sitting on eggs. You could literally reach out and touch her if you wanted to. Mom called me about an hour ago to let me know the babies had hatched.

 
We have started walking again as a family. Our views are great on the walk with visits from cows and neighborhood dogs. Tonight's walk had us meet up with this baby calf.

 
When helping my mom pack I came across many of the albums I listened to when I was young. I cannot tell you how many times I listened to this Rick Springfield album. Still love his music. That probably dates me a bit.

 
Grace sketched this out in about 20 minutes while listening to a history lecture today from one of our review products.

 
This guy is another calf down the road from us that we encountered two nights ago on a family walk. Last summer we had a very near encounter with a bear - hoping this year the cows are our only encounters.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sorry to use the comment section, but I could not find another contact for you. I'm a homeschool mom of eight children and have designed a magnetic homeschool schedule. Would you consider checking them out at my website at www.lovemyschedule.com ? If you do a review on your blog, I will refund half of the purchase price. (This includes YouTube video reviews), Thank you so much!