Thursday, July 31, 2014

So Much Turmoil in the World - Don't be Anxious

All the average person needs to do is watch the news, read a newspaper article, or simply look at the front page of an Internet source and you can see all the turmoil currently going on in the world. It seems one awful event after another continues to happen. For any individual that leans toward anxiety all this information can be crippling. Planes being shot down, countries going to war, possible pandemics spreading globally, economic collapses - this is scary stuff! Is anybody else out there anxious about it all? As much as I try not to my first inclination is to always worry or fret of the current issues going on in our world today. Once my initial reaction passes though I  try to bring my mind back to two verses in the Bible that have always helped me when anxiety and stress try to take over.

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life.
Matthew 6:27
 
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34
 
Let us not worry because truly God has got this!
 



2 comments:

LJS said...

Yes! Beautifully said.

Jennifer said...

I need to remember this.