Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Living Well Wednesdays

  This will be my first link up to Living Well Wednesdays. I guess today I would like to talk about my renewed commitment to teach my children more about their relationship with God. As a family we have always gone to church, read the Bible, and included religious studies with our homeschool curriculum. But I felt there was so much more that needed to be done. When I thought back on everything I have taught my children, it really didn't include having an actual personal relationship with God and how to really pray. So recently we started more time with daily devotions together and talking to them about how to actually pray or have a conversation with God. This has opened up many discussions about faith, how can we know God is listening, what do I pray for, etc. I have also renewed my commitment to more private time with God by joining the online Bible study at Good Morning Girls on the Proverbs 31 Woman. I would encourage each of you to take time every day to have discussions with your children about God and his ultimate role in their lives.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

We have been pondering this and discussing it as well. Its hard to move into the relationship part of things at times with children - trying to explain and share and hoping that they can understand. I loved reading this and pray that you will see God move in wonderful ways in building relationships in your family.

Hugs
Leslie