Thursday, February 26, 2015

When Mother Nature has Other Plans

 
If you live in the South you take snow days whenever you can get them. We are lucky to get one good snow a year if that, but when you have two weeks back to back of freezing rain, ice accumulation, and snow it gets old real fast. So far I have had to cancel two weeks of Cooperative classes, a family birthday party (for me), all outside of the home classes, potty training for the puppies (no way to take 4 pound pups outside in this kind of weather) and a Spirit Night fundraiser at Chick-Fil-A. Needless to say I am ready to move on.

 
It is truly beautiful and today majestic with the sun beaming down and blue skies as bright as any blue you can imagine. The camera does not do it justice.

 
Our grand tally came to about 5 inches. They were predicting up to 8. It is not even 10 in the morning yet and the glorious sunbeams are melting the snow away. I know there will be a lot of kids out there disappointed at how quickly this snow goes away, but this momma is so ready for spring.

 
 

3 comments:

A Candle to Read By said...

I love trees--they have their own beauty in every season. We are glad to have the day off from TMC, but there's always plenty of "homework" and housework! Virginia and Michael are out taking pictures now--I will try to post some later. Stay warm!
Yeah, I am ready for Spring, too.

LJS said...

Spring? What's spring? I don't believe it is coming this year......

Karen said...

I agree it is beautiful but I'm with you. One snow a year is good for us. And then it can leave in 24 hours. We had our snow for 3 days!! More ice is predicted Wednesday but I'm sure/hoping that will change!!