Monday, October 6, 2014

Fall Nature Walks are Fantastic


Lots of nature walks and activities have been happening around here. Not necessarily with Grace but she does join in on the fun periodically with us. Until today I haven't mentioned much if anything about the three 5th grade girls that come to my house three days a week for tutoring. I enjoy so much getting to relive these elementary years when school was still fun. Anyway, fall is such a wonderful time to be outdoors and watch God's splendor unfold. Last week we went on two nature walks and this week we will be doing the same. I am trying to identify everything we find but sometimes it is tough. The above picture was easier to identify than expected - Bursting Heart plant. Until today I had never seen this plant before.


Last week was all about sunflowers and pumpkins. Sunflowers have become my favorite thing in nature. They are beautiful, intricate, and lovely.


I still haven't been able to identify the bush with red berries. If anyone knows please chime in.


Our activity today was a fall color walk. Find four items from nature of different colors that you would normally find in fall. The girls did a great job and had a little fun in the process. It is always great to get outdoors for some fresh air and sunshine.


No comments: