Sunday, January 12, 2014

When Is Life Too Busy

Our family seems to suffer from one or two afflictions. The first affliction is that our activities ebb and flow. This means that for a few months we are incredibly busy and then for about one to two months nothing really is going on. The second affliction that most families in general suffer from is that everything (classes, Bible studies, small groups, church functions, Cooperatives, exercise) looks so good you don't want to miss out and sign up for everything under the sun. Currently we are having issues with the second affliction. Our schedule was pretty tight already but two things have popped up that I really want to include in my weekly schedule. Current schedule looks something like this: Gym or Zumba 3-5 days a week, Cooperative on Tuesdays, Speech and Art Class on Thursdays, Tattoo Shop (hubby is one month away from being a full fledged tattoo artist) for hubby on Friday evening and Sunday afternoon, a small homeschool/church group that meets two Mondays a month for fellowship, school work Monday - Friday, and just daily life. 

Now let me give you a little back story on why I want to join up with two more activities. Our church has been struggling for a couple of years. My family does not attend every single Sunday but we do go at least twice a month and I have no intentions of leaving, but periodically I feel we just need more or something different spiritually. Recently we were invited to another small group as a family that may start meeting on Sunday afternoons. This small group has many people that I miss seeing and spending time with. This small group may eventually evolve into something. It may be something that meets once a week or as little as once a month. Today is the informational meeting to get everyone's opinions and ideas about how the group would work. I was also invited to start participating in a women's Bible study on Monday evenings with part of this same group. I really need the accountability of a group to keep me reading my Bible, etc. So I guess this means two more activities to add to the weekly schedule.

I miss the Fall leaves so just thought I would share a pic.

1 comment:

LJS said...

That is EXACTLY how I feel. Our fall was perfectly balanced in terms of workload and class loads. Now we are a bit light. There is almost too much down time and I think that is why I am struggling to get things done and feel like we are accomplishing our goals. I am crossing my fingers that a new science class meets the enrollment numbers so we can begin that next week. I would also love a Bible study......